Would you like to know how to make crispy golden French fries? Surely, everyone craves for French fries, it is a delicious, mouthwatering snack. Also, it is perfect as a snack or an appetizer, and can even be adopted as a side dish with tasty chicken. You will always find people in your home and neighborhood who crave this dish.
Right now, you don’t have to rush to stores and restaurants to purchase French fries. It wouldn’t be a bad deal to learn how to fry frozen French fries. If you have time, you can do this from home but if you are busy with work, you can purchase packaged frozen French fries from stores.
A lot of people do not know to fry frozen French fries properly even after purchasing them from the best companies and brands. Luckily, there is no cause for alarm. We will not also tell you our favorite way of frying frozen fries but we have also provided you with a guide that shows you the best way to do it. Let’s get started, shall we
How To Season French Fries
Maybe the number of packaged French Fries you get from stores are inadequate and insufficient. It is likely that you would love to get enough French fries to go round for you and your household. You can have as many French fries as you want, so don’t worry. Just follow our instructions and step-by-step procedure to season the potatoes so as to make crispy French Fries.
Below is a list of ingredients that you need to season French fries. You can use our measurement or add more or less, it depends on your choice.
- 1 tablespoon of salt.
- 1 tablespoon of Garlic Salt (optional).
- 1 tablespoon of Onion Salt (optional).
- All-purpose flour-1 cup.
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika.
- Peeled potatoes – 2.5lbs.
- Water – ½ cup or as required.
- Procedure For Seasoning
First of all, slice the potatoes and give them the shape of French fries. After then, place them in a bowl of cold water. Allow the potatoes to soak in the water for about 2 to 3 hours.
Mix the following ingredients: paprika, onion salt, garlic salt and flour in a bow. Mix these ingredients properly by flipping.
Next, drain off the potato slices and pour them into the mixture. After mixing it properly, you have the option of frying it immediately or to store it into the freezer in a zip lock sack.
How To Fry French Fries
Great news for lovers of French fries. The good news is that you can fry French fries in several ways. Most important, regardless of the way you intend to make these fries, you have to make them come out tasty and delicious like those of restaurants and cafeterias. You can fry french fries either:
- In the oven.
- Frying on the stovetop using a frypan.
- In an air fryer.
How To Fry In a Skillet Or In Fry Pan
Frying French fries in a frypan is a common and popular process of frying. This is because it produces the original taste of French fries like the ones made at cafeterias and restaurants. Below is the procedure for frying French fries in a pan.
- First of all, get a pan. Ensure that the pan is deep enough to contain enough oil. After then, add some oil into the pan, preheat the oil in the fire until the smoke rises from it.
- Ensure that you keep the flame at a depth of ¼ beneath the pan.
- Drop the frozen in the pan once the oil starts shimmering. At this point, do not add too much fries, take it slowly.
- Allow it to fry until you get the perfect crispiness like the ones made at restaurants. Are you wondering what crispiness means? Crispiness simply refers to the state of being crispy. When frying, watch the French fries and see if it has a golden color. If it does, then you have just reached the best result from your cooking.
- Use a slotted spoon to take out the fries from the oil. At this point, hold the spoon above the pan, this is to make sure that it removes excess fat.
After extracting excess oil from it, transfer the fries into a paper towel. After then, sprinkle some of your favorite spices on it.
- You can try to use non-stick ceramic or stainless stell. Or else, ensure that the pan you are using has a quick and uniform heat distribution.
- Avoid using unclarified oil. We advise that you use only sunflower or vegetable oil.
- Do not use low temperature while frying. When frying, set the flame in the medium-high setting.
- Make sure that you do not cover the frypan while frying. Doing this can cause the oil to crackle.
How To Fry In The Oven
Probably, you are on a diet and you prefer to use less oil. Then, frying French fries in the oven is a great option. Frying French fries in an oven is less messy and more obtainable compared to deep frying.
Surely, the fries will have the same appearance with crispiness without soaking them in extra oil. Here is the procedure to fry French fries in the oven.
- First, before frying, make sure that the oven is preheated to 400oF.
- Get a metal baking sheet. Then place a foil over the metal baking sheet.
- Make sure that the potato pieces are kept in a zip lock bag and spray it with olive oil. After then, mix the oil into pieces by shaking the zip lock bag.
- After coating the fries with oil, spread out the fries over the baking sheet. Dust the French fries with your favorite spices and seasoning to taste.
- Next, bake the fries in the oven until the color becomes golden brown.
Do not overlap while keeping the French fries over the baking sheet. Furthermore, if you prefer less crispy and softer French fries, avoid using olive oil. There you have it, this is a homemade procedure for frying frozen French fries. Feel free to use this guide to make crispy French fries and share it with friends.